Trivia Forum

Message #31169. This is a followup to #31158.

Date:Sunday November 27, 2005 1:14:53 am MST
Subject:Re: Lamp part
Message:Mary wrote:
> Ralph wrote:
> > What's the name for the part of a lamp that holds up the lampshade?
> > Someone told me this years ago, but I can't remember.
> The part that holds the lamp shade is a finial.

As Sally said, I think the part which the original poster had in mind was the "harp". A "finial" is a decorative top for a lampshade which usually screws onto the harp, securing the lampshade to the harp.

This is the last message in this thread.   First   |   Previous   message in this thread

Previous thread   |   Next thread

Previous   |   Next   message by date


Register or Login (optional)

Help   |   Message index   |   Search

Home  |  Contact  |  Store