Trivia Forum

Message #11. This is a followup to #10.

Date:Monday March 24, 2003 6:09:42 pm MST
Subject:Re: Lamp part
Message:Pat wrote:
> Ralph wrote:
> > What's the name for the part of a lamp that holds up the lampshade?
> > Someone told me this years ago, but I can't remember.
> Is that called a "bow"? I'm not sure, but I think it's something like
> that.

No.  "Bow" describes the shape of the object, but the actual name for the lamp part is "harp."

First   |   Previous   |   Next   message in this thread

Previous thread   |   Next thread

Previous   |   Next   message by date


Register or Login (optional)

Help   |   Message index   |   Search

Home  |  Contact  |  Store